4-47. Air Reservoir (cont'd)
Wear goggles when opening air reservoir drain cock. Failure to do so could result in serious eye
injury from high pressure air.
1. Open drain cocks on all air
reservoirs and allow air pressure to
2. If front reservoir is being removed,
remove relay valve (para. 4-43).
Remove ratio relay valve (para. 4-45).
3. If rear reservoir is being removed,
remove relay valve (para. 4-44).
Remove male elbow (3) and bushing
4. XM1063 only: If reserve reservoir is
being removed, remove male branch tee
(5) and bushing (4).
5. Remove four nuts (6), washers (7) and
screws (8) securing air reservoir (2).
6. Remove air reservoir (2).
To prevent contamination of air system components, take care to keep water from entering
1. Clean mud and dirt from exposed surfaces with water and brush (item 15, Appendix E).