4-46. Brake Air Chamber (cont'd
3. Connect air lines (5) (three air lines on XM1063 or two air lines on M129A4).
4. Connect and adjust slack adjuster (para. 4-50 (XM1063) or 4-51 (M129A4)).
5. Close all drain cocks (1) and pressurize air brake system.
6. Check for leaks (para. 4-46a).
7. XM1063 only: Check yoke pin adjustment (para. 4-46b).
Uncage brakes (para. 2-27)
4-47. Air Reservoir
This task covers:
Drain cock leakage test
General mechanic's tool kit (item 01, Appendix B)
Towing vehicle attached and air brake system
Teflon tape (item 12, Appendix E)
Brush (items 15, Appendix E)
Rags (item 14, Appendix E)
a. Leakage test
1. With brake system charged, coat drain cock, air connections and outside of air reservoir with soap and
water solution. Check for leaks. No leakage is allowable.
2. Tighten any leaking connections.
3. Replace reservoir if it leaks or if any damage or corrosion is found that would weaken reservoir.