F-4. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS IN CROSS-REFERENCE INDEXES WORK PACKAGE.
National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
(1) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN by NIIN
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN (e.g.,
5305-01-674-1467). When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits
of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
figures are in numerical order in Repair Parts List Work Package and Special Tool List Work Package.
(3) ITEM Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent
FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
Part Number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination that places the first letter or
digit of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following
letter or digit in like order).
(1) CAGEC Column. The CAGEC is a 5-digit alphanumeric code used to identify the manufacturer,
distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by
means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements, to identify
an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the PART NUMBER and CAGEC columns to the left.
(4) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in
Repair Parts List Work Package and Special Tool List Work Package..
(5) ITEM Column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
Usable On Code. MEE is the XM1063. JNH is the M129A4.
Fabrication Instructions. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk
Material Functional Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk material are also referenced in the
DESCRIPTION column of the line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed
fabrication instructions for items source coded to be manufactured or fabricated are found in
Appendix G of this manual.