SPECIAL INFORMATION (con't).
Assembly Instructions. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled
from component spare/repair parts are found in Chapters 4 and 5. Items that make up the assembly
are listed immediately following the assembly item entry, or reference is made to an applicable figure.
Kits. Not applicable.
Index Numbers. Not applicable.
Associated Publications. Not applicable.
F-6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
When National Stock Number or Part Number Is Not Known:
(1) First. Using the Table of Contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which
the item belongs. This is necessary because figures are prepared for assembly groups and
subassembly groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the number(s).
When National Stock Number or Part Number Is Known:
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number Index or Part Number Index, find the pertinent NSN or
part number. The NSN Index is in NIIN sequence. The part numbers in the Part Number Index are
listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence. Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration/figure
and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for, then
locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
For standard abbreviations see MIL-STD-12, Military Standard Abbreviations for Use on Drawings, Specifications,
Standards, and in Technical Documents.