5-17. Leveling Jack Repair
This task covers:
Leveling jack removed (para. 4-58).
Brush (item 15, Appendix E)
Upper bracket chain (Appendix G)
Lower bracket chain (Appendix G)
Bracket (Appendix G)
For ease of installation, mark position of chains and bracket prior to removal.
1. Mark position and remove upper bracket chain (1).
2. Mark position and remove lower bracket chain (2).
b. Cleaning and inspection
1. Clean parts with brush and water.
2. Inspect for dents, warps, cracks, rust, corrosion or marred
paint. Repair or replace defective parts.
1. Fabricate new brace (3) in accordance with instructions in
2. Fabricate new chains in accordance with instructions in
Weld in accordance with TM 9-237.
1. Position and weld lower bracket chain (2).
2. Position and weld upper bracket chain (1).
Install leveling jack (para.4-58).