5-16. Landing Gear Brace Repair (M129A4 Only) (cont'd)
Sand plate is heavy. Have an assistant support sand plate while lever nut assembly is removed.
4. Remove lever nut assembly (8).
b. Cleaning and inspection
1. Clean parts with brush and water.
2. Inspect for dents, warps, cracks, rust, corrosion or marred paint. Repair or replace defective parts.
Sand plate is heavy. Have an assistant support sand plate while lever nut assembly is installed.
Weld in accordance with TM 9-237.
1. Position sand plate and install lever nut assembly (8).
2. Weld lever nut chain (7) on brace.
3. Install bolt (2), chain (3), two flat washers (4), lock washer (5) and nut (6).
4. Install sand plate chain (1) on brace.
Install brace (para.4-59).