4-92. Loading Procedure (XM1063 Only) (cont'd)
9. The rear lifting arms are located underneath van body
at each side of semitrailer, between the rear wheels.
Remove locking pin from each arm and swing arm out
approximately 180 degrees. Lock in position with
Lifting/loading jacks (leveling jacks) must be kept perpendicular at all times to prevent injury to
Leveling jack is heavy. Two persons are required to remove/install leveling jack.
Remaining steps in this procedure refer to leveling jacks as lifting/loading jacks.
11. Set lifting/loading jacks in position under lifting
arms. Align jacks and insert jack leg guide
into hole in lifting arm. Position jack to keep in
perpendicular to the ground.
12. Remove tie down rings located at each side of
lifting/loading jack locations. Remove OVE
screws (item 7, Appendix C) from interior of
13. Secure upper end of each lifting brace (2) to
van body at tie down ring holes with OVE
14. Match hole at lower end of each lifting brace
(2) with hole at bottom of each jack. Adjust
length of lifting brace as required by turning it
counterclockwise to extend it or clockwise to
15. Secure bottom of each brace (2) to each jack with screw (5), washer (4) and nut (3).
Five nuts, washers and screws on each side of dolly were loosened in step 1. When removing or
installing self-locking nuts, one person holds the nut stationary while the other person turns the
screw or bolt.
16. Working as a team, remove five nuts, washers and screws from each side of dolly. Set hardware aside.