4-43. Front Relay Valve (cont'd)
Wear goggles when opening air reservoir drain cock. Failure to do so could result in serious eye
injury from high pressure air.
XM1063 has threeair reservoirs, M129A4 has
two air reservoirs. XM0163 is shown.
1. Open drain cocks (1) on all air reservoirs
(2) and allow air pressure to bleed off.
2. Disconnect one input line (3) and three
output lines (4) from two elbows (5) and
two male connectors (6).
3. Remove two elbows (5) and two male
4. Remove relay valve assembly (7) by turning entire valve
5. Remove nipple (8).
1. Clean mud and dirt from exposed surfaces with water and a stiff brush (item 15, Appendix E).
Dry cleaning sosolvent (P-D-680) is toxic and flammable. Avoid prolonged breathing of
vapors. Avoid skin contact. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from open flame.
Flash point of solvent is 138o F (50o C).
2. Remove grease and oil with dry cleaning solvent (item 3, Appendix E). Dry thoroughly.
1. Inspect for loose, missing or damaged parts.
2. Inspect valve, elbows and connectors for cracks, dents, holes and warps.
3. Inspect for rust, corrosion and marred paint. Clean, treat, prime and paint as required.
4. Replace defective parts.