EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTIONS II AND III) (continued).
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a part
number different from the part ordered.
d. PART NUMBER [COLUMN (4)]. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of
its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements, to identify an item or range of
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE-ON CODE (UOC) [Column (5)]. This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Physical security classification. Not applicable.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set on Figure KIT.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are
shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The UOC, when ap plicable (see para 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the Basis of Issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each
special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported
exceeds density spread indicated in the BOI, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given
figure in both Section II and Section III.
f. QTY [Column (6)]. The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout
shown on the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A
"V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and may vary from
application to application.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV).
a. National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
(1) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN by NIIN sequence. The NIIN consists of the NSN
last nine digits of the NSN (i.e., 5305-01-674-1467).