F. FASTENING UPPER CABINET BASE TO LOWER CABINET TOP
1. Locate the 7/16 Inch (1.11cm) diameter hole in the four corners of the base of the upper cabinet.
2. Using this hole as a guide, carefully drill a 7/16 Inch (1.11cm) diameter hole through sheet metal on the top of
the lower cabinet.
3. The base of each stacked cabinet should be securely fastened, in each corner, to the cabinet below it. Use a
3/8 Inch (.953cm) diameter hexagon-cap screw, length as required, two 3/8 Inch (.953cm) diameter heavy-
duty flat washers, and a 3/8 Inch (.953cm) lock nut. The hexagon-cap screw with one flat washer should be
installed through the 7/16 Inch (1.11cm) diameter hole and into the lower cabinet. The other flat washer and
lock nut should be securely tightened on to the hexagon-cap screw. A total of four fasteners should be used.
(A standard 3/8 Inch (.953cm) lock washer and a 3/8 Inch (.953cm) standard nut may be used in place of
the lock nut.)
1 Inch (2.54cm) Diameter hole
in upper cabinet base
of upper Cabinet
7/16 Inch (1.11cm) Diameter hole through
upper and lower layer
of the cabinets
Typical hole pattern for upper to lower cabinet installations
G. FASTENING BACK OF CABINET TO TRAILER SIDE-WALL
1. The back wall of each cabinet should be securely fastened to the semitrailer's side-wall tapping plates. Two
fasteners should be used for each tapping plate that passes behind the cabinet. Location for fasteners should
be centered on the tapping plate and within 2 Inch (5.08cm) of the cabinet sides.
2. Drill a 9/32 Inch (.281cm) diameter hole through the back of the cabinet and through the tapping plate.
Do not drill deeper than 3/4 Inch (1.905cm) into the semitrailers side-wall or through the semitrailer side-wall
3. Perform this operation for each of the required fastening locations. Securely fasten back of cabinet to the
trailer's side-wall tapping plates using a 5/16 Inch (.794cm) diameter hexagon-cap self-tapping screw 3/4
Inch (1.905cm) long, a 5/16 Inch (.794cm) diameter heavy duty washer, and a 5/16 Inch (.794cm) diameter
fender washer. Insert the hexagon-cap self-tapping screw through the heavy-duty flat washer, through the
fender washer, through the back of the cabinet, and then, into the 9/32 Inch (.281cm) diameter hole. Se-
curely fasten the cabinet to the tapping plate. At least two fasteners should be used for each cabinet.
Within 2 Inch (5.08cm) of cabinet sides
Side-wall of semitrailer
Centered on tapping
9/32 Inch (.281cm) Diameter hole through back of cabinet two places