B. GENERAL CABINET INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
1. Each cabinet should be fastened to the floor or cabinet below it, see para. E and F.
2. Each cabinet should be fastened to the metal side-wall tapping plates, see para. G.
3. Each cabinet should be fastened to adjacent cabinets, see para. H.
4. All fastening hardware should be zinc plated.
5. Remove drawers and shelves to gain access for drilling and fastening.
6. Paint all fastener hardware used.
C. CABINET BASE PREPARATION
1. The cabinet bases should be drilled prior to moving the cabinets into the semitrailer. Care must be exercised
to ensure that the 7/16 inch (1.11cm) and 1 inch (2.54cm) diameter holes are drilled in the proper location.
You must ensure that the location selected allows adequate space for the fastener's head and washer to rest
flatly on the lower layer of the cabinet's base. Holes should be drilled in the four corners of each cabinet's
base. Holes should be within 2 inch (5.08cm) of the cabinet sides.
2. For floor mounted cabinets, the location selected must also allow for easy drilling of the floor after the cabi-
nets are located within the van/trailer. The holes in the base of the cabinet must be located so as to allow
easy access for drilling the 9/32 inch (.281cm) diameter hole into the semitrailer hardwood floor. This hole
needs to be 90 degrees to the floor and in the center of the 7/16 inch (1.11cm) diameter hole.
3. For stacked cabinets, the location selected must also allow for easy drilling of the 7/16 inch (1.11cm) diam-
eter hole into the lower cabinet and satisfactory location of the fasteners in both cabinets. Leave enough
room for the head of the fastener, washers, and a nut when locating/drilling the four corner fastening points.
4. Locate a position near the corner but accessible with a drill. Area selected must be where the cabinet will be
in direct contact with the floor or cabinet below it. The cabinet may have two layers of sheet metal separated
by an air space. If this is the case, you must drill through both layers of sheet metal. Drill a 7/16 inch
(1.11cm) diameter hole through the base of the cabinet at each of the cabinet's four corners.
2 inch (5.08cm)
1 inch (2.54cm) Diameter hole
layer of the base
2 inch (5.08cm) Maximum
7/16 inch (1.11cm) Diameter hole
layer of the base
Typical holes and hole locations for each cabinet's base