Table I-1. Lubrication Instructions (cont'd)
1. OIL CAN POINTS
Semiannually lubricate leveling jack handle, sand plate wing nut, loading jack bars/support braces
(dolly), hinges, toggle pins on rear platform and handrail (M129A4 only) and spare wheel carrier pawl
(XM1063 only) with OE/HDO.
If OEA lubricant is required to meet the temperature ranges prescribed in the KEY, OEA is to be used in all places
where OE/HDO-10 is specified.
Grade 15W-40 (OE/HDO) is the preferred lubricant when temperatures are above +5o F (-15o C).
2. DO NOT LUBRICATE -Springs
3. LANDING GEAR AND LEVELING JACK- Semiannually extend legs, wipe clean and apply GAA to
4. PICK-UP PLATE- Apply grease to an 18 inch (45.72 cm) diameter around the kingpin.
5. INTERVALS- Lubrication intervals will be regularly scheduled and performed during regular
scheduled PMCS services whenever possible.
6. PADLOCK- Lubricate padlock weekly with OE/HDO.