5-15. Landing Gear Channel and Bracket Repair (M129A4 Only)
This task covers:
Landing leg removed (para. 4-58).
Channel Bracket (Appendix G)
For ease of installation, mark position of channel bracket on landing gear brace prior
1. Mark position and remove channel bracket (1) from mounting
2. Mark position and remove channel bracket (2) from landing
b. Cleaning and inspection
1. Clean parts with brush and water.
2. Inspect for dents, warps, cracks, rust, corrosion or marred
paint. Repair or replace defective parts.
1. Fabricate new channel brackets in accordance with instructions
in Appendix G.
2. Fabricate new channels in accordance with instructions in
Weld in accordance with TM 9-237.
1. Position and weld new channel bracket (1) onto mounting
2. Position and weld new channel bracket (2) onto landing leg.
Install landing leg (para.4-58).