5-9. Trunnion Tube (cont'd)
Dry cleaning solvent (P-D-680) is toxic and flammable. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Avoid
skin contact. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from open flame. Flash point of solvent
is 138o F (50o C).
2. Remove grease with dry cleaning solvent (item 3, Appendix E).
3. Inspect trunnion tube for cracks, breaks, bends and excessive wear.
4. Inspect for rust, corrosion and marred paint. Clean, treat, prime and paint as required.
5. Replace defective trunnion tube.
1. Position trunnion tube (9) on suspension.
2. Raise van body, with axles on jacks and push down trunnion U-bolts (5) to allow for installation of
lower hub (8).
3. Position lower hub (8) on trunnion U-bolts (5) to allow for installation of lower hub (8).
4. Tighten nuts (7) to a torque of 880 lb-ft (1193.3 Nm) dry or 660 lb-ft (895 Nm) lube.
5. Secure trunnion hangers (2) to mounting bracket with nuts (4), washers (3) and screws (1).
Install wheels (para. 3-4).