5-8. Sleeve Bushing
This task covers:
General Mechanic's Tool Kit (item 1, Appendix B)
Wheels Removed (para. 3-4)
Automotive Shop Set (item 2, Appendix B)
Silicone lubricant (item 11, Appendix E)
1. Position semitrailer on level surface with front end resting on landing gear legs.
2. Extend leveling jacks enough to relieve each tire of ground contact and provide support
during removal and installation procedures.
3. Place jacks under both axles and raise van body just enough to take weight off spring.
4. Block or support semitrailer. Remove wheels (para. 3-4).
5. Remove four nuts (7) and washers (6) securing trunnion U-bolts (5). Lift up U-bolts and remove lower
6. Lower van body, with axles on jacks, to clear springs and upper hub (10). Remove sleeve bushing