4-59. Landing Gear and Leveling Jack Braces (M129A4 Only)
This task covers:
General mechanic's tool kit (item 01, Appendix B)
Semitrailer coupled to towing vehicle or
blocked for support
Dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E)
Personnel Required: Two
Grease (Item 5, Appendix E)
Brush (Item 15, Appendix E)
M129A4 Registration numbers NX0QVH through NX0RC9 do not include leveling jacks.
1. Disconnect chain assembly (22).
2. Remove handle nut (21), washer (23), nut (24), and sand plate (20) from front brace (7).
3. Remove capscrew (1), lock washer s (2), and nut (3).
4. Remove screws (4), lock washers (5), nuts (6), and front brace (7).
5. Remove screws (8), lock washers (9), nuts (10), and rear brace (11).
6. Remove screws (12), lock washers (13), nuts (14), and side brace (15).
Do step 7 if removing leg (19).
7. Remove eight nuts (18), washers (17), screws (16), and leg (19).
1. Remove dirt and mud with water and brush (Item 15, Appendix E).
Dry cleaning solvent (P-D-680) is toxic and flammable. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors.
Avoid skin contact. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from open flame. Flash point of
solvent is 138o F (50o C).
2. Remove grease and oil with dry cleaning solvent (Item 3, Appendix E). Dry thoroughly.