4-52. Hub and Drum Assembly (XM1063 Only) (cont'd)
8. While turning hub slowly, tighten inner nut (10), using 3-7/8 inch wheel bearing locknut wrench, to a
torque of approximately 100 lb-ft (135.6 Nm). Back off inner nut (10) 1/8 turn.
9. Check adjustment by trying to rock hub on spindle. If bearings are properly adjusted, lateral
movement of brake drum will not be visible and brake drum will move freely. If movement is excessive,
repeat steps 8 and 9.
10. Install keyed washer (11). If necessary, back off inner nut (10) so that alignment pin on inner nut mates
into closest hole in keyed washer (11).
11. Install outer nut (12), using 3-1/4 inch wheel bearing locknut wrench, drawing it up tightly against keyed
washer (11). Torque outer nut (12) to 200-300 lb-ft (147.6-221.4 Nm).
12. Install new cap gasket (16).
13. Position hub cap (15) and secure with six screws (13) and washers (14).
14. Position brake drum (2) and align holes in drum with holes in hub (4). Secure hub (4) with three screws
Install wheels (para. 3-4).
Uncage brakes (para. 2-27).
Remove jack stand.