4-49. Hose, Tubing and Fittings (cont'd)
Wear goggles when opening air reservoir drain cock. Failure to do so could result in serious eye
injury from high pressure air.
XM1063 has three drain cocks. M129A4 has two drain cocks.
1. Open all air reservoir drain cocks.
2. Disconnect air tubing (3) at both ends. Remove any attaching
clamps (1) by removing screw (2).
3. Remove tubing (3).
c. Tube fitting removal
1. Unscrew tube nut (4) from tube fitting (5).
Serviceable tube fittings and tube nuts may be reused, but
compression sleeves (6) must be replaced.
2. Remove compression sleeves (6). Discard compression
d. Tube fitting installation
1. Cut tubing. Make sure end is smooth and nut squarely
with tubing wall. Do not crimp or partially close ends.
2. Place nut (4) and new compression sleeve (6) on tube. Insert end of tube into recess in fitting body (5).
3. Hold tube at bottom of recess and tighten tube nut (4) until sufficient pressure is placed on compression
sleeve (6) to prevent leakage. Do not cross thread.
e. Tubing installation
1. Position tubing (3) and secure long lengths with screws (2) and clamps (1).
2. Connect tubing.
3. Close drain cock and check for leaks.