4-47. Air Reservoir (cont'd)
3. Leakage due to dirt accumulation can be corrected by cleaning and applying teflon tape (item 12,
Appendix E) on the drain cock threads before assembly.
4. Leakage due to a damaged part requires replacement of the drain cock.
g. Drain cock removal
Wear goggles when opening air reservoir drain cock. Failure to do so could result in serious eye
injury from high air pressure.
1. Open drain cock to release air from reservoirs.
2. Remove drain cock by turning it counterclockwise.
h. Drain cock cleaning
Dry cleaning sosolvent (P-D-680) is toxic and flammable. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Avoid
skin contact. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from open flame. Flash point of solvent
is 138o F (50o C).
Clean with dry cleaning solvent (item 3, Appendix E).
i. Drain cock Inspection
1. Inspect for damage or excessive wear.
2. Replace defective drain cock.
Drain cock Installation
1. Apply teflon tape (item 12, Appendix E) to drain cock threads.
Take care not to damage drain cock during installation.
2. Place drain cock in position and secure by turning clockwise.