4-46. Brake Air Chamber (cont'd)
Wear goggles when opening air reservoir drain cock. Failure to do so could result in serious eye
injury from high pressure air.
XM1063 has three air lines. M129A4 has two air lines.
1. Open drain cocks on all air reservoirs and allow air pressure
to bleed off.
Steps 2 through 4 apply to the M129A4 only.
2. Loosen locknut (1).
3. Back off slack adjuster nut (2) until it separates from slack
4. Turn adjusting screw (4) counterclockwise to release
tension on slack adjuster (3).
5. Tag and disconnect three air lines (5).
6. Remove cotter pin (6) and yoke pin (7).
7. Remove two nuts (8) and washers (9) and air chamber (10).
1. Clean mud and dirt from exposed surfaces with water and a stiff brush (item 15, Appendix E).