4-45. Ratio Relay Valve (cont'd)
1. Clean mud and dirt from exposed surfaces with water and a stiff brush.
Dry cleaning sosolvent (P-D-680) is toxic and flammable. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Avoid
skin contact. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from open flame. Flash point of solvent
is 138o F (50o C).
2. Remove grease and oil with dry cleaning solvent (item 3, Appendix E). Dry thoroughly.
1. Clean mud and dirt from exposed surfaces with water and a stiff brush (item 15, Appendix E).
2. Inspect for loose, missing or damaged parts. Replace defective parts.
3. Inspect valve, elbows and connectors for cracks, dents, holes and warps. Replace defective parts.
4. Inspect for rust, corrosion and marred paint. Clean, treat, prime and paint as required.
Apply teflon tape (item 12, Appendix E) to threads of air line connections before installation.
1. Install nipple (8) at rear of ratio relay valve. Install tee (6) to top of ratio relay valve.
2. Install ratio relay valve (7) by turning entire assembly clockwise.
3. Install two elbows (4) and two male connectors (5).
4. Connect eight air lines (3) in accordance with tagged identification.
5. Close all drain cocks (1) and pressurize air brake system.
6. Check for leaks (para. 4-43b).