4-38. Stop and Turn Light (Excluding M129A4 With LED Lighting System)
This task covers:
General mechanic's tool kit (item 01, Appendix B)
Power source disconnected.
Dishwashing, soap (item 17, Appendix E)
Rags (item 14, Appendix E)
1. Pry light (1) from grommet (2).
2. Disconnect electrical harness from rear of
3. Use same procedure to remove grommet (2)
from opening in dolly frame.
b. Cleaning and inspection
Do not use dry cleaning solvent. It will damage the body of the light.
1. Clean light, using clean water and soap (item 17, Appendix E) solution. Dry thoroughly with clean rags
(item 14, Appendix E).
2. Check wiring for damaged or worn insulation.
3. Inspect body for cracks, dents, warpage and cracked or broken lens.
4. Inspect rubber grommet for excessive wear, deterioration and secure fit in dolly frame. Replace if
1. Insert grommet (2) into opening in dolly frame. Make certain it fits properly and securely.
2. Connect harness at rear of light (1) and insert light into grommet (2).
3. Test light by turning on towing vehicle light switch and operating brake pedal and turn signal lever.
Follow-on maintenance: None