4-28. Intervehicular Cable Receptacle, 24-Volt (cont'd)
5. Mark and unsolder wires at rear of
6. Remove rubber bushing (8) from receptacle
(5) and slide bushing back over wires (7).
Cleaning compound is toxic and flammable. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Avoid skin
contact. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from open flame. Flash point of compound
is 120o F (49o C).
Clean all parts with cleaning compound (item 19, Appendix E) and clean rags
(item 14, Appendix E).
1. Inspect for cracks, breaks or other damage.
2. Replace defective parts.
1. Insert bushing (8) over wires (7).
2. Solder wires (7) to terminals at rear of
receptacle. (Refer to wiring diagrams, pages 4-58,
4-59, 4-65, or 4-66).
3. Slide nut (6) over wires (7) and bushing (8) to rear
of receptacle (5). Tighten nut.
4. Make certain power source is disconnected and
make a continuity check of all circuits throughout
semitrailer, using a multimeter.
5. Wrap exposed wires and nut with tape, leaving
ground wire (with lug) exposed for later installation
6. Insert ground wire (9) and receptacle into hole in front of resistor box cover assembly
(XM1063) or voltage converter box (M129A4). Place receptacle cover assembly over
receptacle flange, with hinge at top of receptacle.