This work package lists Components of End Item and Basic Issue Items for the M872A4 Flatbed
Semitrailer to help you inventory items required for safe and efficient operation.
The Components of End Item and Basic Issue items Lists are divided into the following sections:
1. Components of End Item (COEI). This listing is for informational purposes only, and is not
authority to requisition replacements. These items are part of the end item, but are removed and
separately packaged for transportation or shipment. As part of the end item, these items must be with
the end item whenever it is issued or transferred between property accounts. Illustrations are furnished
to assist you in identifying the items.
2. Basic Issue Items (Bll). These are the minimum essential items required to place the
semitrailer in operation, to operate it, and to perform emergency repairs. Although shipped separately
packaged, BII must be with the semitrailer during operation and whenever it is transferred between
property accounts. The illustrations will assist you with hard-to-identify items. This manual is your
authority to request/requisition replacement Bll, based upon TOE/MTOE authorizations of the end item.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS
The following provides an explanation of columns found in the tabular listing:
1. Column (1) - Illustration Number (Illus Number). This column indicates the number of the illustration
the item is shown.
2. Column (2) - National Stock Number. Indicates the National Stock Number (NSN) assigned to the
item and will be used for requisitioning purposes.
3. Column (3) - Description. Indicates the Federal Item Name and, if required, a description to identify
and locate the item. The last line for each item indicates the Commercial and Government Entity
(CAGE) Code in parentheses, followed by the part number. If item needed differs for different models of
this equipment, the model is shown under the "Usable On Code" heading in this column.
4. Column (4) - Unit of Measure (U/M). Indicates the measure used in performing the actual
operational/maintenance function. This measure is expressed by a two-character alphabetical
abbreviation (e.g., ea, in., pr).
5. Column (5) - Quantity Required (Qty Reqd). Indicated the quantity of the item authorized to be used
with/on the equipment.