KINGPIN/UPPER COUPLER PLATE REPLACEMENT-continued
Kingpin/upper coupler plate weighs 302 lbs. (137 kgs). Caution
must be used during removal and installation to avoid serious
injury or death.
1. Ensure all contact areas between the new kingpin/upper coupler plate, and the trailer structure are clean
and smooth. (It is not necessary to remove all of the grease from the surface.)
2. Lift new kingpin/upper coupler plate (4) in place using a forklift or other secure method.
A forklift with side movement capability of the forks enhances positioning the
kingpin/upper coupler plate.
3. Align the kingpin/upper coupler plate (4) so that it is slides into preslots on the main beams. The
forward edge of the upper coupler plate (4) is to be flush with the forward face of the frame.
4. Align bolt holes on trailer frame with bolt holes on upper coupler plate (4).
5. Install new bolts (3), washers (1), and new locknuts (2) into bolt holes.
6. Torque locknuts per WP 0088 00-1.
7. Install front floor boards according to WP 0061 00-2.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0072 00-3/4 Blank