CARE OF EQUIPMENT IN ADMINISTRATIVE STORAGE
a. Maintenance Services. After equipment has been placed in administrative storage, inspect, service,
and exercise as specified herein.
b. Inspection. Inspection will usually be visual and must consist of at least a walk-around examination
of all equipment to detect any deficiencies. Inspect equipment in open storage weekly and equipment
in covered storage monthly. Inspect all equipment immediately after any severe storm or
environmental change. The following are examples of things to look for during a visual inspection:
(1) Low or flat tires.
(2) Condition of preservatives, seals, and wraps.
(3) Corrosion or deterioration.
(4) Missing or damaged parts.
(5) Water in compartments.
(6) Any other readily recognizable shortcomings or deficiencies.
c. Repair During Administrative Storage. Keep equipment in an optimum state of readiness.
Accomplish the required services and repairs as quickly as possible. Whenever possible, perform all
d. Exercising. Exercise equipment in accordance with Table 5, Exercise Schedule, and the following
(1) Vehicle Major Exercise. Depreserve equipment by removing only that material restricting
exercise. Close all drains, remove blocks, and perform all before-operation checks (WP 00 15 00).
Couple semitrailer to towing vehicle, and drive for at least 25 mi (40 km). Make several right
and left 90 turns. Make several hard braking stops without skidding. Do the following during
exercising when it is convenient and safe: operate all other functional components and perform all
during- and after-operation checks.
(2) Scheduled Services. Scheduled services will include inspection per subparagraph b above, and
will be conducted in accordance with Table 5. Lubricate in accordance with instructions in
(3) Corrective Action. Immediately take action to correct shortcomings and deficiencies noted.
Record inspection and exercise results on DA Form 2404 or DA Form 5988E. Record and
report all maintenance actions on DA Form 2407. After exercising, restore the preservation
to the original condition. Replenish lubricants used during exercising and note the amount
on DA Form 2408.