SERVICE AND EMERGENCY GLADHANDS REPLACEMENT - Continued
1. Install seal (10), chain (8), and dummy coupling (7) on gladhand (11).
Adhesives and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use in a well-ventilated area. If
adhesives or sealing compound contacts skin or clothing, wash
immediately with soap and water.
Ensure all air lines and fittings are clear of debris, and that excess pipe
sealing compound does not enter air lines or fittings. Failure to
follow this warning could result in injury to personnel or damage
Dispose of all hazardous materials in accordance with TB 43-0244
2. Lightly coat threads of bulkhead fitting (9) with sealing compound (sealant, silicone). Install bulkhead fitting
(9) on gladhand (11).
3. Install gladhand assembly (5) on bracket (6) with new lock washer (4) and nut (3).
4. Lightly coat threads of connector (2) with sealing compound (sealant, silicone). Install connector (2) on
bulkhead fitting (9).
5. Connect tube (1) to connector (2).
6. Start vehicle and build air pressure. Check for leaks.
Connect semitrailer to prime mover.
Raise landing legs.
Remove/store chocks and ground boards.
Check for air leaks.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0046 00-3/4 Blank