ABS BRAKE SENSOR AND POWER CONNECTION REPLACEMENT - Continued
1. Connect sensor cable extension (4) to ECU valve.
2. Install sensor cable (3) on wheel and connect sensor cable (3) to sensor cable extension (4) from
3. Install retainer clip (2) in sensor housing.
4. Install sensor (3) in sensor housing.
Figure 1. ABS Brake Power Connections
Complete step 5 only if replacement of ECU power cable is required.
5. Connect power cable (1) to ECU valve and power supply.
Sensor cables must be nylon strapped at the 12 o'clock or 3 o'clock
position on the axle (top or rearward side of axle) to protect them during
off-road operation. Use as many nylon straps as required to ensure the
cables are tightly secured to the axle ends.
Attach nylon tiedown straps to axle allowing for easy replacement--locking
tab shall be situated within 90 of axle top.
6. Secure sensor cables to axle with nylon tiedown straps.