WHEEL ASSEMBLY AND BUMPER MAINTENANCE
Ground Boards Emplaced
Landing Legs Down
Semitrailer Disconnected from Prime Mover
SPARE TIRE REMOVAL
1. Using 15/16 in. wrench, remove nuts (1) holding spare tire in place.
2. Attach wheel socket to spare tire loader shaft (3).
Spare tire weighs 205 lbs. (93 kg) and may fall if procedures are
not followed carefully. Injury to personnel or damage to equipment
Spare tire weighs 205 lbs. (93 kg) and may cause cheater bar to spin
when locking tab is released causing injury to personnel or damage
3. Using cheater bar, rotate spare tire loader shaft (3) clockwise until locking tab (2) can be released.
4. Slowly lower spare tire to the ground by turning spare tire loader shaft (3) counterclockwise.
5. Remove spare tire from spare tire holder.
Figure 1. Spare Tire Holder