UNCOUPLING SEMITRAILER FROM TOWING VEHICLE
All personnel must stand clear of towing vehicle and semitrailer
during uncoupling operation. Failure to follow this warning may
result in serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Chock semitrailer wheels.
2. Position ground boards under landing gear.
3. Lower landing gear (1), using landing gear hand crank (2). Secure hand crank after lowering landing gear (1).
4. Shut off air from towing vehicle to trailer. Disconnect service airlines from semitrailer air coupling (7).
Disconnect emergency airline from semitrailer air coupling (3).
5. Disconnect 24-volt electrical connector from semitrailer electrical receptacle (4), or disconnect 12-volt
electrical connector from semitrailer electrical receptacle (5).
Locking plunger lever and safety latch may vary with different model
6. Pull fifth wheel locking plunger (11) forward and slowly drive towing vehicle forward until kingpin plate
(6) clears fifth wheel approach ramps (10).
7. Move towing vehicle a safe distance from semitrailer.
8. Perform all "After" PMCS (WP 0015 00-10) in Table 3.
Figure 4. Air Line Connections
Figure 3. Coupler Plate