COUPLING SEMITRAILER TO TOWING VEHICLE - Continued
3. Slowly back towing vehicle until coupler jaws (9) engage kingpin (6) and lock.
During normal operations (non-blackout) only the 12-volt power cable is required.
During blackout operations, both the 12-volt and 24-volt power cables are required.
4. Connect 24-volt electrical connector from towing vehicle to electrical receptacle (4), and 12-volt
connector from towing vehicle to electrical receptacle (5).
5. Connect service air line from towing vehicle to semitrailer air coupling (7). Connect emergency air line from
towing vehicle to semitrailer air coupling (3).
Locking plunger lever and safety latch may vary with different model towing vehicle.
6. Pressurize air system by applying towing vehicle brakes. Ensure that fifth wheel locking plunger lever
(11) and safety latch (12) are in locked position.
7. Engage handcrank (2) and raise landing gear (1).
8. Fold and stow handcrank (2), and remove and stow chock blocks and ground boards.
Figure 3. Coupler Plate
Figure 4. Air Line Connections