2-8. LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS (Cont.)
19. DOCK BUMPERS --Prevent damage to the semitrailer and the dock when loading or unloading.
20. SERVICE LIGHTS--Includes the clearance, stop, turn, and tail lights.
21. RETRACTABLE TWIST LOCKS--Replaceable locks used to secure containerized cargo.
(Quantity of 8)
Retaining strap must be wrapped around stowage rack and
panels then tightened/secured. Do not attach strap ends to
deck cargo rings. This will cause the strap to prematurely
wear and break, resulting in loss of panels during operation.
22. STOWAGE RACK --Constructed of steel and bolted to the bulkhead assembly. Used to secure
sideboards and stakes when not in use. May be unbolted and forklifted out as an assembly for
23. SPARE TIRE CARRIER--Carries the spare tire.
There are a total of forty (40) cargo tie-downs on the upper
and lower decks. Thirty-six (36) of these are utilized for
cargo tie-downs, and the four (4) larger tie-downs are
utilized for ammunition tie-owns.