2-8. LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS
1. BULKHEAD ASSEMBLY --Constructed of steel. It has the manifest box mounted on the front side
and a stowage rack mounted on the backside. When carrying breakbulk cargo with the side rack
installed, it will keep the load from shifting forward. Bulkhead is removable.
2. MANIFEST BOX--Used to store the cargo manifests.
3. FLOOR DECK--Constructed of apitong wood, it is screwed to the frame.
4. LIFT POINTS--Used to lift the semitrailer with a sling hoist. (D-Rings, 4 Points)
5. STOWAGE BOX--Constructed of steel. Used to store Basic Issue Items.
6. GROUND BOARDS--Held in place within a steel rack by two removable chains, these two
assemblies are used to provide secure footing for a jack, jackstands , and landing legs ground
7. LANDING LEGS--Manually extended using a crank on the curbside leg when the semitrailer is
uncoupled from the towing vehicle, and manually retracted when the semitrailer is coupled to the
towing vehicle. Landing legs do not require grease lubrication. Ground board must be emplaced.
8. D-RINGS--Steel rings used to secure trailer during transport by airplane, rail, or
truck (8 D-Rings).