(7) The usable encode, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special information).
(8) ln the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOl) appears as the last line(s) in the
entry for each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of
equipments supported exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is
(9) The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in Column
5 for a given figure in both Section II and Section III
(10) The indenture, shown as dots appearing before the repair part, indicates that the item is a
repair part of the next higher assembly.
QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item
used in the breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group,
subfunctional group, or an assembly. A V appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the
quantity is variable and may vary from application to application.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV).
NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the
number (NIIN) sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits
NSN by National
of the NSN, i.e.
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However,
should be used when ordering items by stock number.
the complete NSN
(2) FIG. column.
This column lists the number of the figure where the item is
identified/located. The figures are in numerical order in Section II and Section Ill.
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the
adjacent FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending
alphanumeric sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the
first letter or digit of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each
following letter or digit in like order).
(1) CAGEC column. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit
numeric code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the
(2) PART NUMBER column.
Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer
(individual, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the
item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to
identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the PART NUMBER and CAGEC columns to the left.