Nonreparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of maintenance
shown in 3d position of SMR Code.
Reparable item. When not economically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at organizational
or aviation unit level
Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the direct
support or aviation intermediate level
Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the general
Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and
disposal of item not authorized below depot level.
Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity (SRA).
Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g.,
precious metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate
manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. CAGEC (Column (3)). The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit
numeric code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that
supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer,
(individual, company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and
characteristics of the item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection
requirements to identify an item or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may
have a different part number from the part ordered.
DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry, e.g.,
Phy Sec C1 (C) Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S) Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T) Top Secret.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the
assembled item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the
item to be manufactured/fabricated.
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial
numbers are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).