b. Exterior. Prepare the exterior of the laboratory for movement as follows:
(1) Shut and lock the laboratory access door and the receiving room access door.
Ensure generator set is off before disconnecting any cables from laboratory; otherwise DEATH will
(2) Turn off external power to laboratory at generator set.
(3) Disconnect main power cable from laboratory electrical connector at power input panel and install
protective cap on connector. Remove battery charging cable.
(4) Disconnect main power cable from generator set. Clean cable and store in roadside storage box.
(5) Remove grounding cable from grounding lug in power entrance box panel.
(6) Close and latch power entrance panel door.
(7) Remove grounding cable and clamp from grounding rod.
(8) With driver/puller attached to grounding rod, remove rod from ground, uncoupling each rod section as it
emerges from the ground.
(9) Clean and store grounding rod, driver/puller, grounding cable and clamp in roadside storage box.
(10) Disconnect drain hoses from deck drains. Clean and store hoses in curbside storage box.
(11) Disconnect hose adapters from deck drains. Place protective caps on deck drains and store.
(12) Close and latch utilities box door and water inlet box door.
(13) Close and latch fume exhaust door and spectrometer hot gas vent.
(14) Close and latch purge exhaust and intake doors.
(15) Roll down and secure ECU canvas covers.
(16) Remove ladders from receiving room access door and laboratory compartment access door.
(17) Secure rear deck platform.
(18) Secure ECU platform.
(19) Store and secure ladders in roadside storage compartment.