(14) Enable each of the "hard mounted" major items of test equipment by turning their respective power
switches to the "ON" position in the following order, as required:
The following enabling sequence of the "hard mounted" major items must be followed to prevent a
power surge of the computer system.
(c) Hot Plate
(15) Remove the following equipment from storage, overpack, or cabinets and place each item in \ its
designated position as shown in Figure 2-8.
(a) Ultrasonic cleaner
(b) Fluids Contamination Kit
(c) Duplex Ferrograph Set
(16) The AOAP Standard Data System (Refer to Figure 2-9).
(a) Once the Wang MICROVP-2 computer has completed purging, then heads have to be
manually moved from the "park" position to "ready" position. Once this has been completed the
computer is ready for AOAP software program. Start by loading the "GREEN" D 10 System platter first,
next "GREEN" DI 4 Aeronautical platter, then the "GREEN" DI 5, Nonaeronautical platter and finally
the spare platter.
(b) Before placing the system into operation, activate the ECU Control No. 1.
(17) Unlock any remaining cabinetry and remove the support apparatus as required.
(18) Perform operational checks on each piece of equipment to ensure its readiness. Refer to applicable
Technical Manuals for operation of each component.
2-8. OPERATION OF AIR AND VACUUM SYSTEMS.
a. Air System
(1) Close all compressed air system service valves (Refer to Table 2-8).
(2) Turn on the air compressor circuit breaker No.20 in Main Power Panel (Refer to Figure 2-5).
When using compressed air, always wear eye protection to prevent foreign particles or
compressed air from injuring the eyes.
(3) Momentarily open and close each compressed air service valve to blow dust or other contaminant out of
the air lines.
(4) Compressed air system is now operational.
b. Vacuum System
(1) Close all vacuum system service valves (Refer to Table 2-9).
(2) Turn on the vacuum pump circuit breaker switch No. 11 in the Main Power Panel (Refer to Figure 2-5).
(3) Vacuum system is now operational.