(1) Drop and secure the Environmental Control Units (ECU's) maintenance and boarding platform. Raise
covers on ECU's and secure.
(2) Drop and secure in position the rear entry platform.
(3) Remove and store all panel, door, and vent locks and/or locking fasteners.
(4) Remove the two access ladders and rear platform from their storage rack beneath the laboratory. Place
one ladder at the rear door and the other ladder at the laboratory entrance door.
(5) Connect drain hoses to the waste water drain and the system drain located beneath the mechanical
room. Dig a drainage ditch or sump and place the ends of the drainage hoses in it.
(6) The following procedure is used to properly ground the laboratory.
Do not connect power cable assembly to the AOAP Mobile laboratory before properly grounding
the laboratory. Failure to comply with this warning could result in serious injury or death.
Neutral and Ground Wires are not interchangeable. Also, ONLY 60 Hz power is to be used.
Damage to equipment could result if this caution is not followed.
The grounding rod driver/puller and grounding cable are stored in the roadside storage box. (a)
Remove grounding rod, driver/puller and grounding cable from storage box.
(b) Select an area as close to the power input panel as possible to install grounding rod.
(c) Attach first grounding rod and coupling to the driver/puller rod (Refer to Figure 2-2).
Do not allow grounding rod to rotate when disconnecting the driver/puller rod from the grounding
rod. Grounding sections must be kept screwed together to ensure a good electrical ground.
Before driving grounding rod, be certain that driver/puller rod and grounding rod are fully
threaded into coupling. Be sure collar is hand tight against coupling.
(d) Place driver/puller on driver/puller rod and drive grounding rod into ground, approximately 30 inches.
(e) Loosen coupling and remove driver/puller rod and driver/puller from first grounding rod section.
Change 1 2-28