(1) The computer cabinet contains the primary components of the AOAP SDS. Suspension slides are provided
for the computer power unit, disc power unit, and the 13.4 megabyte disk drive. The floppy disk drive is hard mounted in
the cabinet frame.
(2) An interface panel located at the rear of the cabinet contains the bulkhead connectors and cabling required to
interface the internal cabinetry components to the peripheral devices (i.e., the terminals and cathode ray tube monitors,
the printer, and the spectrometer).
(3) All cabling is shielded and grounded to the cabinet frame. The frame is then grounded to the van. The
cabinet rear interfaces with the equipment plenum. Airflow deflectors are provided to insure adequate ventilation and
proper environment for the computer and its components. Nonventilated disk storage is provided at the top of the
(4) The three integrated terminals and the line printer are not located within the computer cabinet. One terminal
and the printer are located in the rear (entry/receiving) compartment. Initial sample documentation, data entry, and
correlation are performed at this position. The second terminal is adjacent to the computer cabinet and spectrometer; in-
process data entry is performed at this position. The third terminal is located at the physical property processing area.
(5) When interfaced with the spectrometer, the AOAP data system provides current and historic wear metal
content analysis not available in any other form. The data can be formulated to satisfy the individual commander's
requirements and provide rapid status reports of flight and materiel readiness.
c. Viscometer Set (Figure 1-10). An electronic device used to determine the relative viscosity of the oil sample.
The unit is located on the curbside wall. The unit provides a 3 1/2-inch digital panel meter for simple readout of the
Figure 1-10. Viscometer Set