OPERATING PROCEDURES -continued.
(g) Place pump switch at the water pump controller to ON.
(h) Open any existing inlet valve on tank, container, etc. to be filled.
c. Air Svstem Operation. The air compressor and accumulator are located in the mechanical room. The air
compressor is designed to operate through a pressure switch without damaging the air compressor or the piping and
valves. Procedures for energizing and operating the air system follow (refer to Table 2-7 and Figure 2-7).
Energizing and Operating the Air System.
(1) Ensure all air supply valves in the petroleum laboratory are closed.
(2) Place circuit breaker A15CB6, located in POWER PANEL NO. 2, to the ON position.
(3) Open one at a time, the drain valves located on the air compressor discharge line and on the bottom of air
accumulator. Drain condensation and close valves.
(4) Start air compressor by setting compressor controller switch to the ON position.
(5) Verify proper operation of the compressor pressure switch. Switch is set to stop the compressor when
pressure in accumulator reaches 120 psi and to start the compressor when pressure drops to 60 psi.
(6) To shut down automatic operation of the compressor, place switch on controller to OFF position. Set
A15CB6, located in POWER PANEL NO. 2, to the OFF position.
Vacuum System Operation. The vacuum pump is located in the mechanical room. It is mounted on an elevated
support shelf which is attached to the roadside wall. The pump is connected via piping to outlet valves located
throughout the laboratory compartment. Procedures for energizing and operating the vacuum system follow (refer
to Table 2-8 and Figure 2-8).
Energizing and Operating the Vacuum System.
(1) Ensure all vacuum outlet valves are closed.
(2) Ensure oil level falls between the two oil level marks on the vacuum pump oil level observation window.
(3) Place circuit breaker A15CB9, located in POWER PANEL NO. 2, in the ON position.
(4) Open pump intake valve.
(5) Start vacuum pump by setting switch on vacuum pump controller to the START position.