DUAL WINCH LOADING AND UNLOADING DISABLED PAYLOAD WITH MINE CLEARING BLADE
A ground guide (spotter) is required for unloading operations. The winch operator
must maintain visual contact with the spotter at all times or serious injury to
personnel may occur.
(71) Position spotter on curbside of payload to maintain visual contact with winch operator.
(72) Pull WINCH SPEED CONTROL switch (36) to LOW.
(73) Push ENGINE SPEED CONTROL switch (31) to HIGH ENGINE IDLE.
(74) Momentarily push ENGINE SPEED CONTROL switch (32) to lock engine speed at high engine idle
(approximately 1,500 rpm) and then release switch.
Personnel must not be on the platform during the winching operation. The winch
operator must offload the payload slowly or serious injury or death to personnel
and damage to equipment may occur.
During winching operation, ensure that one cable is always under tension and the
other cable has some slack so the two winches are never pulling against each
other. Otherwise, serious injury to personnel and damage to equipment may
Payload adjustments, side to side (turning), must be kept to a minimum or serious
injury to personnel and damage to equipment may occur. Ground guide (spotter)
must notify winch operator of any required payload adjustments while unloading.
Mine clearing blade tines will contact ground as payload rolls off ramps.
Personnel must remain well clear and winching must be performed slowly to
prevent serious injury to personnel and damage to equipment.
(75) Pull up PASSENGER SIDE WINCH lever (22) to pay out passenger side winch cable (23) to restrain
payload and push down DRIVERS SIDE WINCH lever (34) to take up driver's side winch cable (35). As
long as driver's side winch cable (35) is pulling payload, winch operator must keep a slight sag in passenger
side winch cable (23).
(76) When payload rolls on its own, allow slack in driver's side winch cable (35) and keep tension on passenger
side winch cable (23) to control speed of roll.
(77) When payload passes over snatch block (6), pull up on DRIVERS SIDE WINCH lever (34) and
PASSENGER SIDE WINCH lever (22) to pay out both cables. Continue paying out until payload rolls down
ramps and off semitrailer.