DUAL WINCH LOADING AND UNLOADING DISABLED PAYLOAD WITH MINE CLEARING BLADE
A cable breaking under strain can lash out and cause serious injury or death to
personnel. Ground guides (spotters) shall position themselves to avoid the reach
of uncontrolled cables.
(17) Position spotter on left side of payload to direct winch operator during winching operation.
The WINCH SPEED CONTROL must be placed in LOW for MAX PULL when loading
payloads or damage to equipment may occur.
(18) Pull WINCH SPEED CONTROL switch (36) to LOW.
(19) Push ENGINE SPEED CONTROL switch (31) to HIGH ENGINE IDLE.
(20) Momentarily push ENGINE SPEED CONTROL switch (32) to lock engine speed at high engine idle
(approximately 1,500 rpm) and then release switch.
(21) Engage DRIVERS SIDE WINCH KICKOUT switch (19) and PASSENGER SIDE WINCH KICKOUT switch
(20) by pushing on each switch.
(22) Push CABLE HOLD DOWN lever (21) to ON.
(23) Take up all slack in driver's side winch cable (35) and passenger side winch cable (23) by pushing down on
DRIVERS SIDE WINCH lever (34) and PASSENGER SIDE WINCH lever (22).
(24) Release DRIVERS SIDE WINCH lever (34) and PASSENGER SIDE WINCH lever (32) when winch cables
Prior to pulling payload onto the ramps, check the alinement of the payload tracks
(inboard edge) to the curb guides.
(25) Check payload for proper alinement. If adjustment is required to aline payload with platform, proceed as
(a) If payload is angled toward curbside of semitrailer, proceed as follows:
1. Place scrap blocks of wood under right side trac k of payload, just behind last road-wheel.
2. Operate PASSENGER SIDE WINCH lever (22) and pull payload into alinement with ramps.