DUAL WINCH LOADING AND UNLOADING DISABLED PAYLOAD WITH MINE CLEARING BLADE
The following procedures provide instructions for loading a disabled payload
(Abrams MBT series with mine clearing blade attached) onto the M1000 semitrailer.
The M1070 tractor is illustrated as the prime mover throughout these instructions,
and operation of the M1070 winch controls is described herein. If other prime
movers are used, these procedures will need to be changed significantly.
a. Dual winch loading of disabled payload. To load a disabled payload, proceed as follows:
(1) Inflate all semitrailer tires to 100 to 110 psi (690 to 758 kPa).
(2) Start tractor per TM 9-2320-360-10.
(3) On tractor, set CTIS switch (1) to setting for expected road/terr ain conditions and allow tractor to sit until
selected CTIS indicator (2) remains lit for that CTIS setting.
(4) If tractor is not already coupled to semitrailer, refer to TM 9-2330-381-14.
The Abrams MBT with mine clearing blade attached must be loaded onto the
semitrailer rearward, with winch cables attached to the upper rear recovery eyes.
(5) Aline back of tractor/semitrailer combination as close as possible to back of payload, approximately 15 feet
(4.6m) on ground as level as possible.