QUALITY ASSURANCE AND FINAL INSPECTION
QUALITY ASSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
The installer is responsible for compliance with quality assurance requirements specified herein. The installer is
responsible for observing all quality and safety standards. These requirements and the installer's plan of
inspection, or quality assurance program, constitute the minimum examinations and tests necessary to assure
compliance with established requirements. The installer is responsible for following the instructions contained
in this Technical Bulletin (TB) for installing the TBPS kit. Report and record the application of this TB in
accordance with DA Pam 738-750 and DA Pam 738-751.
1. Ensure all exposed metal surfaces have been thoroughly cleaned by an approved chemical or mechanical
2. Finish all exposed metal plates, brackets, and shields using rust inhibitor primer and paint as specified in
Table 7-4, Materials and Parts, in accordance with TM 43-0139, Painting Instructions for Army Materiel.
Allow for the appropriate time for the primer and paint to cure.
3. Ensure all surfaces have been pretreated as soon as possible after cleaning by an approved spray or brush
4. Apply stencils per TM 9-2330-356-14 in accordance with TM 43-0139 and TB 43-0209.
FINAL INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
1. Check all armor panels, braces, brackets, and doors are properly installed and secure.
2. Check the operation of all access doors. Ensure access door do not bind when opening and closing.
3. Ensure door latches do not bind and hold access doors securely in place.
4. Apply lubricating oil (Item 9, Table 7-4) to door hinges and safety latches.
After the TBPS has been installed, apply the new data on left support bracket (16), as shown.