1. Ensure the fuel tanker has been emptied in accordance with appropriate Operator's Manual, Technical
Bulletin and Field Manual Procedures. The fuel tanker does not require purging or sniff testing prior to
2. Ensure the fuel tanker is properly grounded and all vessel openings have been properly and completely
3. Remove the front and rear side reflectors from the left and right side of vehicle (TM 9-2330-356-14/
TM 9-2330-398-24). Discard mounting hardware. Set aside reflectors for reinstallation.
4. Remove trough covers and hose assemblies from left and right side of vehicle (TM 9-2330-356-14/ TM 9-
2330- 398-24). Retain hoses, hose trough covers, and hardware for reinstallation.
On early model M969 tankers, and those converted from M967, a dust shield
panel can be found on the right side of the hose reel cabinet. Do not remove or
discard this panel when the hose reel cabinet door assembly is removed. During
the installation of the Add-On-Armor (AOA) Kit, a hose reel frame cover bracket,
P/N 12500865, will be installed to reinforce the dust shield panel and provided
added protection from contamination to the hose reel housing.
5. Remove hose reel cabinet door assembly from vehicle (TM 9-2330-356-14/ TM 9-2330- 398- 24). Discard
mounting hardware. Set aside hose reel cabinet door assembly for disposition.