4. EXPLANATION OF CROSS-REFERENCE INDEXES (SECTIONS IV)
a. National Stock Number (NSN) Index
(1) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN by National Item Identification
Number (NIIN) sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN (i.e., NSN
5305-01-674-1467). When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first four digits of
the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when ordering items by
(2) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located.
The figures are in numerical order in Section II and III.
(3) ITEM Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the
adjacent FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number (P/N) Index. Part numbers in this index are listed in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first
letter or digit of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each
following letter or digit in like order).
(1) PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the P/N assigned to the item.
(2) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located
in the RPSTL list Sections II and III.
(3) ITEM Column. The item number is the number assigned to the item as it appears in the
figure referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
5. SPECIAL INFORMATION
a. Usable On Code (UOC). The UOC appears in the lower left corner of the DESCRIPTION
column heading. Usable on codes are shown as "UOC:" in the Description Column (justified
left) on the first line under the applicable item/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all
models. Identification of the UOC's used in the RPSTL are:
b. Associated Publication. The publication(s) listed below pertain to the Semitrailer, Tank, Fuel,
TM 9-2330-330-14&P ........................... M969A3