QUALITY ASSURANCE AND FINAL INSPECTION
QUALITY ASSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
The installer is responsible for compliance with quality assurance requirements specified herein. The
installer is responsible for observing all quality and safety standards. These requirements and the
installer's plan of inspection, or quality assurance program, constitute the minimum examinations and
tests necessary to assure compliance with established requirements. The installer is responsible for
following the instructions contained in this Technical Bulletin (TB) for installing the Tanker Ballistic
Protection System (TBPS) kit. Report and record the application of this TB in accordance with DA
Pam 750-8 and DA Pam 738-751.
1. Ensure all exposed metal surfaces have been thoroughly cleaned by an approved chemical or
2. Finish all exposed metal plates, brackets, and shields using rust inhibitor primer and paint as
specified in Table 7-4, Materials and Parts, in accordance with TM 43-0139, Painting
Instructions for Army Materiel. Allow for the appropriate time for the primer and paint to cure.
3. Ensure all surfaces have been pretreated as soon as possible after cleaning by an approved
spray or brush method.
4. Apply stencils per TM 9-2330-329-14&P in accordance with TM 43-0139 and TB 43-0209.
FINAL INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
1. Check all armor panels, braces, brackets, and doors are properly installed and secure.
2. Check the operation of all access doors. Ensure access door does not bind when opening
3. Ensure door latches do not bind and hold access doors securely in place.
4. Apply lubricating oil (Item 9, Table 7-4) to door hinges and safety latches.
MAINTENANCE AND LUBRICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Ensure door hinges, safety latches, and door handles are lubricated weekly using lubricating oil
(Item 9, Table 7-4).
2. Ensure hexagon head capscrews and self-locking nuts are properly torqued monthly.